Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Youth Day

Today is Youth Day. The real one lar.. not the whole week thing we were doing last week. I must admit, holidaez are one of the big PLUSes of being a teacher. But then again, you dun get flexi holidaez like in the private sector where you can apply leave. You can only go on holiday during the holidaez and no other time. Can be quite sianz.

Anywaez, today wasn't really a holiday coz had to go back school for an exchange programme. I'm not gonna bore everyone with the details. Basically thot it went quite well.

The one thing which I thot was interesting was the way everyone just became totally energized when it came to the floorball and captain's ball time. Regardless of country, language, gender... a ball can just energize and unite youths in a split second! Quite interesting as I stood there observing everyone. I was told one of the gals had hurt her both her feet before the trip (saw the plasters/bandages) but she was excitedly joining in all the games as well!

Oh well, guess i have to accept that 'youth' has long passed by me. Really loved those times in Secondary School and JC. Hope you guys enjoy your youths while you can!

No comments: