Saturday, July 30, 2005

The more you spend, the more you save!

This has got to be the highlight of my week!

One evening, I decided to go to Ang Mo Kio central to have some Century Egg Porridge at the S11 there. I've not been feeling well and my appetite's been a little off, so I've kinda been surviving on good century egg porridge. Anywaez, after the porridge (which was really good!) I decided to go to Laser Flair for a look. It's kinda like my usual 'walk-a-bout-circuit' everytime I go to Ang Mo Kio central. And that was where I had the find of the week! Laser Flair had brought in a few box sets of some anime! I was quite excited... it's rare to see so many Anime box sets at one shop. The next thing I noticed was one of the sets of 6 DVDs (Infinite Ryvius) was only going for about $71!! Without hesitation, I purchased it. The other two box sets were going at about $150 each so I thought I'd go home and check out the prices on Amazon first.

When I got home, I found that Infinite Ryvius was literally a STEAL at $71. On Amazon, Volume 1 was already going for S$75!!! And each DVD after that was going for about S$45!! Which basically means, if I'd ordered the same set from Amazon, it would have cost me $300!! And Laser Flair was selling it at $71! OMG. I had literally saved S$230!

I then checked the prices of Witch Hunter Robin and Argentosoma, the other two boxed sets. According to Amazon, the Witch Hunter Robin set would cost S$214 and Argentosoma would cost more than S$270. As Laser Flair was only selling them at $150, I would be saving PLENTY! I immediately asked my friend to help me purchase the two box sets.

So now, I am the proud owner of three new Anime series! And altogether, I'd saved over $400!! I think that's something to be really pleased about. Here's my proud new DVDs!

No comments: