Sunday, July 03, 2005

PSP Update

It's been 7 months since I bought my PSP from Osaka. I have to say that while I do love my PSP and think it's a totally cool piece of hardware, I have not been as excited with the software for the PSP. Sure, there are some nice games, like Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure and Lumines, but on the whole, the games are lagging behind those available for the Nintendo Gameboy and Nintendo DS. I think the Nintendo DS is an ugly piece of hardware. But so far, some pretty fun games have been released, like Polarium and Kirby Canvas Curse. Sony, WHERE ARE THE GAMES? I'm waiting eagerly for the first real platformer to come out, Death Jr. It's supposed to be out later this month. The other platformer I'm looking forward to is Midieval. It seems that in Japan, PSP is losing out to the DS and PS2. Of course lar! There aren't any must-buy games! Sigh.

One good thing though, is that many people are now formatting magazines for viewing on the PSP. That's quite cool. Just need to spend a couple of minutes downloading the magazine then can read it on the taxi/bus/train. The magazines are quite good too. Not some hastily-put-together crap. The other cool thing are Movie Trailers that are specially formatted for the PSP. I've downloaded trailers for the new Harry Potter movie, Bewitched and many others. So on a positive note, the PSP is really becoming more of a multimedia machine, something which I think Sony did hope for it to become. Well, hope the good games will start rolling out soon!


Here are two PSP mags I downloaded. The first one features reviews on UMD movies. The second one is a innovative magazine on the PSP which is viewed vertically!

No comments: