Friday, July 08, 2005

Comics Day

Today was Comics Day. Not bad actually. I thot it was reasonably festive. We had comic book slaes by Chuang Yi and Comics Mart, a Comic Character Drawing Competition and even our very own comic book launch! haha.. It's a shadow of a real convention, but I think having a shadow is better than not having anything at all.

I remember when I visited my first convention in the US. I've been dying to visit one after reading about them in magazines and over the internet. Quite a few years back, I planned a trip to the US where I would be able to visit a few conventions. If memory serves me right, I ended up visiting two Star Trek conventions and a comic book convention during that trip. Conventions are really quite exciting. Hundreds of tables selling stuff..from books to toys to whateva you can think of. Then on stage, there would be performances. At the Star Trek convention, they had people dressed up as Klingons performing Klingon fighting scenes! Then there are the special guests who talked about their experiences performing in Star Trek. It was quite exciting queuing up to get my purchases signed by the actors. There were also screening rooms where various videos were being screened, like fan-made videos of Star Trek episodes, etc.

Well, like I said, our little Comics Day is a good start. Maybe we could have a Sci-fi convention next! heh.. .I can almost feel the prefects shivering at that thot!

Oh yah, if you are interested, I've posted some pics of Comics Day at my album. Click on the link on the right to take a look.

No comments: