Sunday, July 17, 2005

Rant

Ok. I usually don't rant. But just have to get something off my chest.

I cannot understand why sometimes, people can't just make their unhappiness about something known. I cannot understand why they prefer to keep it quiet, thinking that through some miraculous form of telepathy, I am expected to understand and know what is bugging them.

Instead, they prefer to let the things seethe and eat away at them, then over a seemingly meaningless and small thing, they just blow up and make a huge mountain out of the proverbial mole hill. Then I'm left wondering why on earth did that blow up occur when the thing was so insignificant anyway?

So, I'm to blame? I refuse to accept that.

No way. There's no way I am going to accept blame for something which I am unaware of. At the very minimum, I could have been told of the situation and the need for me to make some adjustments. It's not as if I'm not doing what I'm supposed to do. I think I've done what I've needed to do and done it to a reasonable extent. So on top of all this, I am expected to fit into YOUR schedule as well and I am supposed to telepathically know your schedule.

I think that's crap. Pure crap.

So now, I'm to be the 'bigger man' and forgive the other person? I don't think so. I believe the bare minimum would be an apology and then we can discuss how we can proceed.

(OK, let me make this clear. This rant has got nothing to do with any student. It's just me letting off some steam.)

No comments: