Sunday, July 03, 2005

Today was a busy busy day. Nah, it wasn't busy coz of work. For some reason, I just decided to go different places today. It started off with lunch at Adam Road market coz a colleague who was driving was going that direction. Had a yummy plate of rojak and a semi-decent plate of nasi-lemak. After that, continued on to Holland Village coz my colleague (the same one who was driving) was going that direction. It's been a while since I went to Holland and I thot I'd drop by to take a look. The place is a mess with all the construction for the circle line. It used to be such a quaint and cosy place. Guess it won't be for another couple of years until the construction is complete.

After walking around Hollang V and visiting the landmark Holland V shopping centre (nice to walk, but nothing to buy), I made my way to Funan Centre coz I wanted to see if there were any new second hand games at the game shops there. Took a taxi (which cost me almost $10!!!) there and spent some time browsing. But unfortunately, there wasn't anything there.. only managed to buy Spanglish DVD, a movie starring Adam Sandler. Hmm.. after Funan, walked over to Gramaphone at Capitol for a look before doubling back to Funan to take a bus to Pearl Centre in Chinatown.

After looking at the DVD shops and handphone shops, I went to the NE MRT, thinking I would make my way home. But then I decided to drop by Harbour Front coz I wanted to see the new BiG store by Safe Superstore. I remembered they had a DVD recorder going for $269. So, I took the MRT in the opposite direction and spent some time at the Harbour Front. The BiG store is quite big... heh... but not really fantastic lar. The DVD recorder was the 'terapin' brand. Didn't look really good. So, I looked around a little more then decided to go home. Took the NEL, and then decided it had been a while since I went to Heartland Mall at Kovan. Sooooo... why not? It's on the NE Line anyway. So, took the NEL all the way to Kovan and looked around Heartland mall. By then, it was already 7pm so I thought I might as well have some dinner there. But couldn't find anything I wanted to eat. For some reason, I was thinking of Katong Laksa... So.. took a taxi back to Bishan. Of course, there wasn;t any Katong Lakso there, so ta-pao some dinner and went home.

Hence ended my day of mall-hopping.

Sounds fruitful and fun eh?

Oh yah, at Junction 8, I suddenly decided to buy some preserved fruits. Dunno why. No, I am not pregnant. Just happened to have the craving. So, I bought a whole pack of the preserved fruit (SUPERIOR sweet plums) and ended up cutting them up coz they were too big (Here's a pic!).

So, I guess in the end, you could say it was a fruitful day!

No comments: