Saturday, July 23, 2005

It's Friday again. This week really zipped by. I think it was becoz I was busy reading Harry Potter until Tuesday nite. Wednesday, I went to watch The Island with my brother. Thursday I had two meetings in school followed by a dinner appointment. Friday, I had another meeting until like 6pm. So here I am, after a week of reading, meetings, movie-viewing, eating and of course... working lar!

I'm quite keen to restart reading Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix, or OOTP as I think it's lovingly called. I really don't have many recollections of that book. But must admit, I'm a little scared. Kena hooked then sure die. Again no time to do other stuff.

The Island was ok lar. But a few parts were a little slow. Ewan McGregor was ok. But I don't understand why Scarlett Johansson was chosen as the lead? OK, I know I'm not the right person to say this, but I think she looked kinda pudgy in the movie! Her face was roundish and I really don't think she was very appealing lar. The story is ok, though the ending was kinda predictable. Michael Bay is the director. He did stuff like Armageddon & Pearl Harbour, so you have a pretty good idea how we filmed this movie. It had a few 'Armageddon' moments. Quite amusing to see those.

The meetings on Thursday and Friday were quite killer. Actually Thursday was not too bad, two not-too long meetings. But Friday.. phew! It was a 4 hour meeting. Really long. Sigh, dunno lar, I know long meetings are generally not effective. But I am guilty of holding long meetings sometimes too. Maybe they are a necessary evil?

Today was also Dialogue Session. I think it was not bad, but it's a real pity that we only have about 25mins for the whole thing. But what to do? Can't seem to find other suitable slots. I mean, some questions were really good, and I know many of the students were dying to ask more questions about blogs. But there was just insufficient time. See lor, must continue to look for a better time to hold it. I think a slot of 1 to 1.5 hours would be just nice.

Well, the weekend is here at last. Shiok. Maybe I do live for weekends! :-) Last weekend kena burned coz of Open House. Next week is seriously going to kena burn coz of the marathon thing. (It's meaningful lar, but still.. sigh...).

Oh yah, I finished reading the first three books of Dragon Quest: Warriors of Eden. Not bad. Like reading an RPG game! die lar.. kena hook on chinese comics again. I had stopped reading chinese comics for many years. Used to collect stuff like the whole Dragon Ball series! Now start again.. sigh. Sure spend money and pile up books all over my room.

OK, the weekend has started for 1h 15mins liaoz! Yay!

No comments: