Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Toes Touchdown!

My toes can touch the floor today! I know that sounds stupid, but it is cause for celebration for me. You see, when the gout attack hits, my foot pretty much swells up, including the sole. So when I place my foot flat on the floor, my toes don't touch the floor. So, as the swelling goes down, one of the things that tell me it's better is when my toes get to touch the floor. So... yeah.. I'm glad my toes can touch the floor today!

Today was quite fun. Some 1Q guys and the Sec 4s dropped by after school and we had a fun time fighting it out on the Gamecube and Xbox. It certainly helped to pass the time but more than that, it was great to thrash TC.

This year's quite different for me. Not cause I'm stuck at home but for the first time ever, half my family are travelling during the Chinese New Year period! My mom left for Israel on a Holy Land Tour last weekend and my sis and her husband are leaving for New Zealand today. That pretty much leaves my brother, his wife and me in Singapore. So for the first time, I don't have a reunion dinner to go to on CNY eve. Well, not that I don't have one at all, we kinda had it a couple of days ago when I was able to hobble about abit. Well, that also means no visitations this year! That's good news. I dunno. I know it's important to retain our culture, but I really find visiting relatives whom I don't see for the whole year a chore. And there's all the meaningless small talk. 'Oh what have you been doing?', 'Not married yet?', 'Still teaching is it?', and the list goes on and on. Sometimes, I just don't feel like answering cause I wonder just how much do the questioners really want to know the answers. I'm so tempted to give really stupid answers.

'Oh what have you been doing?' - I have been in drug rehab for about six months.

'Not married yet?' - Oh not yet, but my girlfriend is pregnant and we hope to get married soon.

Heh... wouldn't these answers be fun?

Oh well, it shall be a nice quiet CNY this year.

To everyone reading this blog, hope you have a good time over the next few days and may your angpows be more than last year!

No comments: