Thursday, February 10, 2005

Day of Liberation

I walked today. It felt good. After being cooped up at home and rolling around in my room on my office chair, I am glad to be able to stand on my own two feet again. There's still some swelling and it still feels a little sore at some parts, but basically, I can walk.

And as is typical of me, I could not help but make plans to get out of my house. So tonight, my brother and I went to Great World City to watch Constantine. Heh, I was still limping a little but I was glad to be out of the house, watching a movie which I was really looking forward to watching for a while. Hope I didn't overstrain my foot. Otherwise, I might end up chair-bound again.. ha.

Constantine was, in my opinion, quite good. I liked the mythology surrounding heaven and earth which the author had crafted. Keanu Reeves was pretty much in his element. It's the kind of role that he was made for. I know many people have said how similar this show is to the Matrix. Frankly, I don't think there are many similarities other than having Keanu in both both films. The effects were well done and I think this is one of the best angel wings effect that I have seen. For those who have not watched it, remember to stay to the end of the credits. It reveals a little something which gives a nice touch to the story.

If all's well tomorrow, I hope to watch Howl's Moving Castle. I've been so looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Zeke said...

yepz....

Anonymous said...

I dunno whether i'll be happy or sad about that