Friday, February 04, 2005

Today, the swelling seemed to get better. I managed to hobble my way to my doctor with my crutches. My mom drove me there. Nothing new actually, I've been having these gout attacks for so many years that I kinda know what the doctor will say. But what to do, still have to see the doctor or I can't get my MC.

After seeing the doctor, I went home (as in home and not boarding) for dinner. Half my family (ie my mom and my sis) will be away this Chinese New Year, so it's pretty much going to be a nice quiet time. Works out well since I'll probably be recovering form my gout attack.

Must thank 1Q guys for the nice gift.... If any of you are reading this... THANKS! I shall watch the VCD tomorrow. It's pretty unexpected but I think Spongebob will be a welcomed distraction to the pain.

What pain? Well, for those who are curious (I don't know why.. but since you are reading this, you probably are curious), the pain is quite unlike a sprain. First of all, the part that is affected kinda gets swollen. Then, it kinda feels warm to the touch. The 'best' part, the affected part kinda throbs with pain... yeah.. 'throbs' is probably the best word I can think of. You see, in a sprain, if you don't put any weight on it, you probably won't feel anything. With gout, the pain is there no matter what position you try to put it in. Sometimes, even the touch of a piece of cloth on the affected region can bring a scream. heh..

If you are still curious.. you can see a pic here: http://www.medicinenet.com/images/illustrations/gout.jpg

This time, my gout started from the knee... went down to the top part of my foot and right now, I think it's around the big toe (somewhere like the picture above). Sigh. It's just one of those things I have to learn to live with.

1 comment:

Zeke said...

Haha..thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately, I can't play computer games too much cause the pain is quite bad when I'm seated at the computer. I generally need to raise my leg when possible.