Monday, March 07, 2005

Weekend over liaoz...

Yepz, the weekend came and went really fast. It's been a pretty fun weekend. Firstly, I got to catch up with some sleep. It's really glorious to sleep more than 5 hrs a day. I think optimally, I should sleep about 7 hrs. But it seems almost an indulgence. If I were to wake up at 6.30am, I would have to sleep at 11.30pm every night. Hmm.. maybe it might be possible... but what about TV??

The weekend got off to a good start. After having a lovely 8 hours or so of sleep, I was awakened by the ring of my handphone. It was two challengers asking if they could drop by to compete in a round of Karting. Well, always game for a challenge, I humbly accepted it. It was not long before someone deeply regretted his decision. He had one stronghold... Baby Park. He was the King of the Park and he was wallowing in his pride and confidence. Well, I believe it was an equally humbling experience as he saw the title slowly slip from his hand as his Kart fell behind the others... Yes, the king of Baby Park is no more. This was certainly a good start to the weekend.

Later on, had a meeting to attend. Not too bad... despite being a Saturday afternoon meeting, it was fairly productive. It was even more productive when we ended the meeting with a few rounds of... you guessed it.. Karting again! You know, you really have to give it to Nintendo. Although the Gamecube doesn't have very good support from other gaming companies, the party games which Nintendo publishes are really very good. Mario Kart, Mario Party, Bomberman... all examples of great 4 player games. PS2 and Xbox loses out in this area.

On Sunday, I made my first sale through a classified I posted on the net! So exciting... I had bought GT4 because of the excellent reviews it was getting. When I tried it out, I realised the game was just too realistic for me. I really prefer the arcade-y type racers like Burnout 3. So, I posted a classified late on Saturday evening and inless than 12 hours, I had sold the game.. losing about $15 from what I had paid. Not bad lar. Better to lose $15 than to leave the game rotting in my room.

After selling the game, I thought I would enjoy a nice lunch... so I decided to eat at NYDC at Wheelock place. What a disappointment that was. I had the potato salad first. Now, how wrong can a potato salad get? Well... very wrong! The salad came soaking in the mayonaisse. It was gross. Every mouthful was totally pukifying. Then came my main course. I ordered the 'chef's recommendation': The bbq chicken sandwich. What a mistake again. The sandwich just tasted... tasteless! There was some chili salsa sauce... some chreds of chicken... four HUGE slices of foccacia bread, but the combination was just wrong. I ended up leaving two pieces of bread uneaten, andinstead resorted to scraping the slivers of chicken meat from the bread. It was a sad, sad lunch. sigh.

Sunday afternoon was Boarding Sports Carnival. Hullett Block tried hard, but alas.. we're still enjoying 4th place out of 4 guy blocks. We did do very well in Volleyball, coming in first... but we pretty much sucked at the other games. Heh. But the guys tried hard and I hope they had fun. Perhaps we might do better in Term 3!

So in the evening, to make up for the sucky lunch, I went with the tutors to Magic Wok at Novena Square for dinner. Not the best of meals, but it was tasty and miles better than the tasteless slop I had at NYDC. I tell you, it will be many many many MANY months before I every step into NYDC again.

The week ahead is gonna be short. GE camp on Tues, Wed and Thurs. Then TnF on Friday. IT show starts on Thursday... yeah... looks like it might be time to start spending again! hooray!

1 comment:

Sampson Lim said...

perhaps u should visit the NYDC at holland road?