Monday, March 14, 2005

The same old story... temptations again

I went to the IT show again today. This time with a friend. I tried hard to tempt my friend to get a 19inch LCD monitor... but failed. However, my friend kinda turned the tables on me and tempted me with other stuff... and the biggest problem is, I have more expendable income than him, so now I end up struggling with the temptations! Here they are:

Temptation 1: New Video Projector (Approx: $1700)
I am soooo tempted with the Sony VPL-ES2 projector. It's just such a simple and beautiful projector. The projector I have now had a brightness of about 800 Ansi Lumens. The new projectors which have caught my eye average around 1500 Ansi Lumens. That's like twice the amount of brightness lor! OK.. I know it's an LCD projector, not a DLP one, but hey.. it jsut screams BUY ME! BUY ME!

Temptation 2: A Digital Video Camera (Approx: $1000)
This one is a little cheaper. Just thought it might be fun to play around with a DV Cam. The new models are really sleek and reasonably affordable. The Sony DCR-PC55E is really very nice. The LCD touch screen is awesome and the camera is just so unbelievably small! I've already got a digital camera so I thought a DV Camera might be worth trying. Sigh, Sony really needs to stop designing cool stuff.

Temptation 3: A Colour Laser Printer (Approx: $500)
I can't believe the price of this one. A colour laser printer for less than $500! Wow.. it's just too good to be true. But Epson's Acculaser C900 is really that cheap! We're not talking about a normal inkjet here, but a full 2400dpi Colour laser. This was one buy which I really really REALLY struggled with. The only thing holding me back? The fact that I can easily get a colour laser printout from school! If the school did not provide us with a colour laser printer, I think this buy would have been a no-brainer!

Temptation 4: New Graphics Card (Approx: $300)
One thing that irritates me is when I buy a new game and when I try to play it, I realize that the game's graphics settings has to be set to 'LOW'. Now, bear in mind, my computer was just bought last November and it's supposed to be one of the better ones. Yet now, when I tried to play PIRATES!, I still had to use LOW settings. Sigh. So, my friend tried hard to tempt me with getting new graphics card. Some of the high-end ones were really awesome. BUt those cost around $800. The cheaper ones which would still be a significant upgrade for me, would cost around $300. This temptation will probably get the better of me some time. But not until there is a game which causes to me ABSOLUTELY demand an upgrade in my computer's graphics card. The next must-play game is Civilization IV which will probably be out later this year. So my thoughts are, let's wait till the game is realized before decided on this upgrade.

Yeah, so you see, these are the temptations which I allow myself to get into. The IT show is now a good place for the weak-willed...
This is probably the least expensive

No comments: