Saturday, March 19, 2005

S**t happens.

Sorry for the language. But it's been one of those days. You know, the kind where you wished you didn't get up and had just lazed in bed the whole day.

Well, I got up and went to see my doctor. Decided it was time for a blood test to see how crappy my body system was getting. Did pee-test first and that's when my doctor and his assistant gave this 'I can't believe your test results' look. Basically, there was supposedly alot of nitrates in my pee. Sorry, I'm quite bio-challenged. So as far as I understand from the doctor, I've got some urinary tract infection. Again. Then of course, he went on to tell me that it could be some kidney disease. Yeah, that sure brightens up my day. So he basically decided that I'd better do a full range of tests to see how screwed up I am. Well, he drew blood, lots of it. Then now I basically have to sit and wait for the results.

Ahh.. but the beauty of it is... it ain't the end of my s**tty day. It was but a start.

I decided to go home. That's home home, not boarding home for lunch and watch some much-missed cable. Guess what. When I reached home, I found out, my lovely TV was spoilt! So, no cable for me. Great right?

After moping around home, I decided to go funan to see if I could have some retail therapy. Managed to flag a cab, but the driver politely declines to drive me to Funan but offers to drive me to Bishan instead. He's plenty scared of the possible traffic jam in town. Fine. Go Bishan lor. Maybe can take train to Funan. Reached Bishan, I decided to wonder around for a while. Dropped by Bose, went to Action City, then Popular, then BEST... then discovered... MY PHONE WAS NOT WITH ME! Sigh. Tried calling my phone many times. For the first twenty or so times, the phone kept ringing, no one answered. Then suddenly, all I started getting was a dead tone. Guess someone finally found it and decided to keep my old, cracked 6800. Don't ask me why. Not as if it's worth anything, given the condition it was in. So, had to get Mr Chow to sign a letter to authorize me to collect a new SIM card from M1. Had to go down to the M1 shop to get it replaced. Had to then decide if I should get a new phone. Luckily, I have a Nokia 3120 which my brother had lent me sometime back.

Like my title says, sometimes, S**T happens.

No comments: