Tuesday, March 22, 2005

CEC Training

We had CEC Training today. This year, after supposedly favourable feedback from the Sec 2s from their study skills workshop, I thought it would be fairly safe to invite the same company to provide the training for the CEC. As I walked around the 4 rooms today, I don't know if it was the right decision.

Having a good training session planned is important to me. One reason is that alot of money is being spent. So, I certainly hope the money is well spent. But a more important reason is I really don't want to waste the time of the CEC members and prefects by making them come for a useless training. I get super-frustrated when people make me go for training which I think is haphazard and a waste of time, hence I do not want to inflict the same frustration on others.

My gut feel? I'll be honest and say I don't think the training was very good. It wasn't bad. But I wouldn't say it was good. I found some of the trainers really longwinded and some were even reading off the powerpoint slides. That's like a HUGE no-no as far as I'm concerned. I found the energy levels in the different rooms very varied. I think highest was in Room 2, followed by Room 1. Room 3 and 4 had a pretty low energy level. I dunno if it's because the older boys were there or if it's because of the two male trainers.

Sigh. To any CEC member who read my blog, I can only hope you've found the session somewhat useful. To those who thought it was a wate of time, I can only offer an apology.

In hindsight, I wonder if I should have planned the training on my own. But really, there are so many things on my mind, I don't know if I could have done a proper training. Sometimes I find it quite frustrating. Maybe I ought to prioritize what I really want to do. If I want to do more training-type stuff, then maybe I really should seriously do it more professionally. Well, I'll be doing a training for teachers (scary!) on Thursday. I think it's most difficult to train people you work with. I wonder if I'll be able to do a good job. I'll have to keep them involved for almost 5 hours... phew.

After the training, went for HITCH again. It's my second time watching it. Don't really mind, cause I like the humour. I think Will Smith and the Eva Mendes are quite natural. I quite like Eva.. think she suits the role very well. Kevin James is hilarious. It was quite funny the second time round too. I think it's one of those dramedies that I'll probably buy when it's released on DVD. About 17 prefects turned up for the show. Not a bad number really. But movie watching can be a little anti-social. Maybe next time we can go bowling...

No comments: