Sunday, March 20, 2005

Retail Therapy

After a sucky Saturday, I decided today would be a day of retail therapy. To start things off, I got myself a new HP. At first, I was tempted by someone to get a Nokia 6630 last night. Not a bad deal really, $388 for a 3G phone. Unfortunately, it came with a 2 year contract. At $26 per month, it works out to a minimum of $624 (subscription) + $388 = $1012, which didn't really make sense. Furthermore, it would mean signing up with Singtel. So, I went down to Sim Lim today to take a look at some phones. I found the Nokia 6670 which I was quite keen on and the price was pretty good too. Then my eyes fell upon the new Nokia 3230... wow.. nice phone... It was really quite tempting but then I found that it would cost me about $300 more than the 6670. Well, I decided to be a little more prudent, so I went with the 6670. Quite a nice phone really. Only small complain, the buttons at the bottom are a little small. Other than that, I'm quite pleased with my new toy. Later on, I spoke to my brother whose business involves handphones and he kinda confirmed that 6670 was a better choice than 3230. Apparently, while it looks nicer, the navi buttons on the 3230 are quite badly constructed. Nice to get my choice validated!

That was retail therapy part I. The second part involved getting new speakers for my computer. Don't ask me why. I just thought I liked them and I'd been thinking about them for a few weeks. So today I decided... why not. So, sitting beautifully next to my monitor are my new Altec Lansing MX 5021 speakers.

Will there be a part III? Who knows. Comeback and see.

No comments: