Friday, March 11, 2005

Track & Field Meet

Thought the other post was getting really long, so I might as well post this separately.

It was certainly a special day... first time in 16 yrs... Bayley House finally won the T&F championships. I know I'm no longer in charge of the house, but I still feel really proud of the house even though I'm just a normal teacher in Bayley. It was awesome to hear the announcer saying 'Champion House is BAYLEY!' and it was an almost emotional experience watching the house captain lifting the trophy. Let's hope that this is a good sign for the rest of the year! It's time Bayley reclaimed the Overall Champion House title after losing it for two years!

I'm however gonna be frank and say we kinda deserved getting fourth place for the cheering and stand decorations. Although we had a pretty large group of students cheering, our volume was really quite sad... And the cheers weren't as exciting and heart-pumping as Moor's or Morrison's. Morrison's Haka (is that how it's spelt?) was not original... but I do like their cookie monster cheer. Unfortunately, I think they didn;t do it in the right style. It was too 'shoutish'. With such a fun cheer, they should really have tried having more fun with it. Moor was quite powerpacked with their cheers. Really good team of cheerleaders AND cheerfollowers... heh.

Stand deco? Morrison won, hands down. Really creative and festive. Bayley's stand was really not very good. We had such a fun theme to work with, but unfortunately did not maximize the potential. The pyramids were quite sad... and the banners... hmm... actually, I think all the banners weren't very good. I think it would be useful to organise a banner course sometime end of this year! It's about time the students learnt how to do really good banners.

Finally, a quick (but heartfelt) apology to the H house... sori lah.. but to those who know what I'm talking about, I really couldn't help but come up with the cheer... it was just..... too..... tempting.....

No comments: