Thursday, March 03, 2005

Dunno why, but I've been feeling very drained this past week. It's like... there's no energy left and I'm like running on empty. I've been trying to grab a little more sleep, but somehow I end up sleeping about 5 hrs a night. Tomorrow is Friday, so maybe tomorrow night I can catch up on some glorious sleep.

Yesterday, I went videogame shopping with a friend. He was looking for the new Gran Turismo 4 and I was thinking of getting it or some other game. I'm not exactly a racing game enthusiast, but I've seen the screen shots of the game and they look awesome. Anyway, we first went to Funan to take a look. Unfortunately, although they had the game, they did not have the special Logitech Force Feedback Wheel which my friend was thinking of getting together with the game. You've gotta understand this, my friend is not a console gamer. He hasn't even played with his PS2 yet. His friend had loaned him the set indefinitely. Anyway, we asked around and found out that the Logitech wheel was more than $300 dollars! Phew... $300++ bucks for an accessory! He was a little discouraged when he heard that. You could feel his enthusiasm subside almost instantly. Well, since there was no wheel there, we thought we'd drop by Seow Choon games near Sim Lim Square. They're like a distributor, so we thought we might find the wheel there (even though my friend was pretty much set on NOT buying it coz of the price).

We walked into the shop and looked around and saw some other wheels. There was a $85 dollar one and we kinda fiddled with it. My friend was obviously not very impressed with it. Then, it happened. He caught sight of the Logitech wheel. He lifted the box and stared at the pictures lovingly. The $85 wheel was certainly NOT in the same league. The next 20 minutes were spent allowing him to convince himself that it was ok to spend that kind of money on a wheel. Mind you, he probably could have bought a real steering wheel for $300 bucks. In the end, (with a little of my prompting) he caved in and left the shop $430 poorer...but with the wheel & game in hand. Frankly, I couldn't believe he caved in. It was a real hoot to see him struggling over the decision. Yeah, guess I'm kinda evil for doing this to him. But it's good to see someone spending so much money on a toy wheel and game.

I wonder how long it will be before he gives up on the wheel. Maybe I might be able to get him to sell it to me at a 50% discount! haha....

1 comment:

Sampson Lim said...

a sadistic and evil side of mr lim i never knew....