Thursday, April 07, 2005

A tale of a tray

Today, I shopped for 4.5 hours to look for a stupid metal tray.

I started off at 5pm at the concourse. Took a cab to Mustafa Shopping Centre at Serangoon Road, thinking it would be easy to find a metal try there. But.. no.. they didn't sell it. So I walked down Serangoon Road to Tekka Market, looking out for stalls that sell metal stuff. No luck. Decided to try something more up market, so I took a cab to Orchard, Paragon, where there's a Metro, remembering that they had a household goods section. Guess what, they had apparently closed down that section a long time ago. So, I crossed over to Takashimaya to try my luck. Nope, no tray there either. Actually, they had one, but it was too small. So where to next? I decided to try Seiyu at Bugis Junction. Their household section wasn't too bad. I took a can there, but... no luck. None there too. Maybe OG at Albert Mall opposite Sim Lim had it.... so I walked over. Again, no luck. It was already 8.15pm. I was hungry, but I needed to find the stupid tray. So I decided to go all the way back to Ang Mo Kio coz I remembered there was quite a good household shop next to the S11 food court. I tried to take a cab. Took me almost 45 mins. Sigh. By the time I got into a cab, it was already 9.00pm. Made my way to Ang Mo Kio, guess what? Right... NO LUCK. Went to the ultra-neighbourhoodish Four Seasons shopping centre for my last ditch attempt. NO LUCK AGAIN.

It was by then, already 9.30pm. I was tired. I was hungry. I decided, it was time to give up.

One would think it would be easy to find a stupid metal tray in Singapore. One would be wrong.

Wouldn't you say I had a meaningful day?

No comments: