Friday, April 01, 2005

Haha... looks like whenever term starts, blogging is reduced to the weekends. It's not that I don't check my blog everyday, guess it's just laziness that prevents me from updating my blog.

Well, the week wasn't too bad. A fairly good start to the term, I think.

A few highlights...

Went for my medical checkup on Monday to see if there are any new stones in my kidneys. It was good to hear that everything looked clear. Just last Saturday, I had gone to my family doctor to get the results of my blood tests. It was excellent to hear that everything was quite normal except for my triglycerides and uric acid. No problems with anything else. So, things really brightened up.

Maybe it's the good health results or maybe it's the delay in getting the Optoma H27, but this week, I was bitten bad by the handphone bug. I was reallyquite tempted to just get another handphone to try it out. After much struggle, I confess I gave in to the temptations and bought a second hand Siemens S65. It's not a bad phone, but after trying it out for a couple of days, I've decided that I didn't really like it. Guess I'm really too used to the Nokia interface. So, now I"m trying to sell it off at not too big a loss. Hmm.. should I try out the Sony Ericsson S700i? heh...

The other thing which occupied my time was the Japan World Expo trip. Had to spend time confirming the itinerary, the price, preparing the materials for the students... It really reminded me of my job when I was with Ken-Air when I had to plan tours, prepare travel brochures, etc. I met up with my old boss who will be handling the tour for us. It was nice to meet them again. And the thing is, the team working with her, was largely unchanged. I think that's really commendable coz I think it really shows what a good manager/leader my old boss is. She's one of the persons I look up to as a model of a good leader. Sure miss those days!

No comments: