Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I'm not a casual music listener. You rarely see me with ear phones listening to mp3s or radio programmes. When I have my ear phones on, it's normally coz I'm playing some PSP or GBA game. Guess I've never been much of a music listener except when I need some noise, example, when I'm marking or studying for some test/exam (in my student days lar...).

Sometimes, when I hear someone I really like, I'll follow the artist for a while. A couple of years back, I really liked Alex To when his song '情人' was super popular. Then I bought a couple of his albums, but that died out in less than a year. I also liked Lee Hom for a while coz I first heard his song 'Julia' which was really catchy. For english songs, I thought Robbie Williams has got pretty interesting songs. Really liked his 'Rock DJ'. Caught my attention the first time I listened to it.

Last night, I was tossing and turning in bed. Maybe it was coz half my nose (ie. one nostril) was blocked or maybe coz there were things going through my mind (like how sucky the last few days had been). As I laid in bed, two songs popped into my mind. Don't ask me why. They just did. So I got up, turned on my computer, went on the net to Soundbuzz.com and purchased the mp3s. Soundbuzz is really convenient and I think the prices are reasonable. Anyway, the first song was "Angels" by Sarah MacLachlan. The chorus was really nice. I wanted to blast the song through my lovely MX5021 but had to control myself coz it was like 3am in the morning and the boarders were already asleep. Maybe it was becoz of my mood that the song was exceptionally comforting.

" In the arms of the Angel far away from here.
From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear.
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie,
You're in the arms of the Angel; may you find some comfort here."

The other song was kinda weird. Dun really know why I was thinking about it. It's "19-2000" by Gorillaz. I first listened to the song coz it had this really cool flash animation. Furthermore, the song had a computer-game-like rhythm. Very fun. Like I said, dunno why I suddenly thought of that song. Maybe I should introspect a little more and see if I can find the reason.

No comments: