Saturday, April 23, 2005

Simple things in life

Today, a few people brought some cheer to the otherwise dreary day I was having.

First off, I managed to get a new old chair to roll around my room. You see, since I pretty much can't put any weight on any of my feet, my only mode of transport has been a really old and broken office chair which I use to roll around my room. The chair has served me well over the last few years, but it's really coming to pieces. More than once, I almsot slipped off the chair coz its hinges are pretty much gone. Well, this afternoon, estate office said they could give me a one of their spare old chairs. A student helped to roll the chair all the way to my block. And now, I'm safely mobile in my room again. Thanks!

Secondly, my mom dropped by to get lunch for me. While I'm in my room, my only source of food is pretty much frozen stuff or stuff which my assistants in boarding help me to buy. Well, my mom bought lunch and she helped me to buy my ever favourite 'Aw Chai Tau Kway' (or Black carrot cake to the dialectly challenged) from the Serangoon Gardens market. This has been my favourite ever since I was a kid. Since I moved into RI Boarding, I've not had much chance to eat it often. It was certainly a treat!

Finally, some teachers dropped by for a chat. It was good to hear what's happening in school and basically talk about anything under the sun. Thank God for friends, right?

Well, it's been a better day. Feet are still painful, but guess they are improving. Wonder how long more to go before I can go out.

No comments: