Saturday, April 30, 2005

IT IS HERE!

Yesterday, I did it. I walked (yes... WALKED! something which we really should not take for granted) into a Home Theatre shop in Sim Lim Tower and after about half an hour of demos and considerations, I've upgraded by old EPSON EMP-30 projector to a brand new SANYO PLV-Z3 projector. The Epson has served me very very well for almost 2 years, but it was really time to move on. And when the saleswoman gave me a super sweet trade-in deal, I knew that it was time for the Epson to retire and make herself useful to other masters.

I will not bore you with the details, but I like to compare this upgrade to a upgrade from a 1 megapixel camera to a 2 megapixel camera. It's like changing from Win 98 to Win XP Home Edition (not quite Pro edition yet...).

It was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, so imagine my surprise when I received a call earlier in the afternoon on Friday that they would be delivering on Friday itself. Once the Z3 was set up, I could not wait to load in a dvd and I must tell you... the differences were just jaw-dropping. The images were bee-yoo-tee-fool with the vibrant colours and added depth. I started loading DVDs after DVDs just to watch a scene or two. I went through scenes like LOTR: Battle at Pelennor Fields, Star Wars I: Pod-racing, Finding Nemo, Prince of Egypt: Parting of Red Sea, Star Trek First Contact: Enterprise fighting Borg Ship, Pearl Harbour: Attack on the USS Arizona.. and many others. And with each DVD, I knew my decision was a right one.

And all this using a normal S-video cable! The projector is capable of High Definition (HD) pictures so I must admit I am now thinking of getting a HD-compatible DVD player.

Yep... no regrets... at all... and in case you've not gotten the hint... the Z3 is really awesome!

No comments: