Saturday, March 11, 2006

Went to the IT show today. The newspapers had reported that the organizers had increased the corridor widths this year and I'm glad to say there certainly is an improvement from previous years. I arrived at about 1pm and surprisingly, the crowd wasn't as bad as I'd expected it to be. But by the time I left at about 5pm, some areas, especially at the back of the halls on the 6th floor were really packed.

Plenty of LCD monitors were on sale. Prices were pretty good. I must say that at some point in time, I was quite tempted to get myself a new 20 inch LCD monitor. Thankfully, I did not give in to my yearnings... partly due to the fact that I have to pay for my xbox 360 arriving pretty soon.

Instead, I bought plenty of little stuff:

- a 1 Gb Memory stick pro duo for my PSP/Handphone. At $86, it's really quite cheap. Glad that the prices of memory stick pro duo have been dropping.
- a MS Pro Duo card reader. I had thought of buying a new 1 Gb imation thumbdrive for $92, but decided that getting a MS Pro Duo card together with a reader would be more practical since I could use the card together with my PSP/HP.
- an XD card to compactflash convertor. I've been looking for this for a while coz my mom uses a camera which uses XD card. Without the convertor, she can't print photos using my photo printer. It's been quite hard to find, so I'm pretty glad to find it at the show.
- Speedball. This $10 buy was an impulse buy. It's two half-spheres which attach to the bottom of the laptop so that it lifts the back of the laptop up from the table top. Supposed to help the laptop remain cooler and also allows easy sliding of the laptop on table tops.
- a $9.90 Philips earphone. Lost my earphone for my DS. Needed a cheap one to replace it.

yeah, that's about it. ok lar, didn't spend so much. But quite please with my buys.

Tonight, I watched Fearless (starring Jet Li) on DVD. Quite a good movie. Missed it in the cinemas. The fighting is certainly up to Jet Li's standard and I thought the story is pretty ok. Not fantastic lar, in fact, kinda cliched. But come on, you don't watch a Jet Li movie expecting some deep thoughtful storyline lar.

Quite a few movies to watch. Hope to catch some this march holz.

No comments: