Monday, March 06, 2006

Underworld: Evolution (M18)

Went to watch Underworld: Evolution today.



Frankly, I thought the movie was not bad. It's certainly not an award-winning show, but as far as action/fantasy/vampire/werewolf movies go, I thought it was quite ok.

The storyline is a little convoluted. Takes a while to understand who betray who, who killed who, why they killed who, etc, etc. But if you don't try too hard to understand it, it should be ok.

The action is similar to the first movie. Fairly coolish fighting. But this time round, the M18 goes partly to the really violent killings. Plenty of slicing off half the head, hands bursting through chest, tearing of jaws, etc, etc. Maybe I'm desensitized, or maybe the whole movie's a bit fantasy... I didn't find it very disturbing.

The other half of the M18 went into some... intimate scenes. Well, if you ask me, they weren't very necessary. I guess sex sells, but sometimes, it's like, if you don't need to show the whole nekkid thing... then dun lor.

Effects were ok. Plenty of human to werewolf transformations.

Unfortunately, I think most of you won't be able to watch it at the cinemas. So no point recommending it.. but on the whole, I thought it was quite enjoyable (which contradicts most reviews which only give it like 2 stars out of 5. Guess I simply look at movies differently.)

No comments: