Monday, March 27, 2006

Vietnam Day 1 - Danang

Howdy! I'm blogging today from Danang in Vietnam. Yeah, I'm on another recruitment trip and this time it's to Vietnam. This trip is gonna be quite demanding. Will be travelling to 4 cities in 14 days. Quite a whirlwind trip.

It's my second time to Vietnam. I visited Vietnam 7 to 8 years ago. That time, I only visited Ho Chi Minh City. It was a really good trip. I had brought students there on a CIP trip. Quite an eye opener as we were helping the orphans there who had been affected by Agent Orange.

This time round, I'll be going to Danang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh and Hue. Don't really know much about the other places but frankly, I know I'll generally be cooped up in the room or school marking or conducting interviews, so I don't think I'll get to see much of the cities anyway.

Quite tired coz it was a long trip today. Started off at 10am with the 3hr flight to Hanoi. Sad thing was, we had to wait almost 5 hours for our connecting flight to Danang. So in the end, it was almost 10 hours of travelling today. We arrive in Danang after Sunset so nothing much to see. Managed to snap this picture from my hotel room window. Oh yah... thankfully the room is quite decent and there is wireless internet! Heh, I know it's sad that being connected on the internet can bring so much joy.

Here's the night view from my hotel room window. Nice eh? That's the Han River you see in the background.



Dinner was not bad. Went to a local chinese restaurant and had really good vietnamese salad and steamboat. I do have fond memories of vietnamese food from my last trip. Looking forward to digging into a bowl of authentic Vietnamese Chicken Pho!

No comments: