Saturday, January 07, 2006

Week 1

The week is finally over. Mixed feelings really. 6 days into the new year and I've spent the past three days in school with the Sec 1 orientation camp. To be perfectly honest, I don't really know what to comment about as far the camp and the past week is concerned. Am I glad with how the camp turned out? yeah.. Am I disappointed? yeah... Like my new class? yeah.... Apprehensive with being a FT who doesn't teach the class? yeah... Excited with new opporunities? yeah... Frustrated with the unknown? yeah...

Maybe I'm just tired so my mind ain't exactly working in a coherent manner. Spent the last two nights sleeping in school. It's only when I'm sleeping on the staff room floor that it strikes me that Boarding has been quite a comfort when it comes to school camps as I was able to simply walk home and stay in my lodge instead of the classrooms/seminar rooms. I guess sleeping on the floor is not too bad, esp with my personal mattress... but it sure doesn't beat the comforts of home.

OK lar, don't think I want to dwell too much on the camp for now.

Anyhoo, first major event of the year is over. Don't really know which is the next major one. I know there's Sec 1 GEP camp and then the Sec 2 Malaysian trip. In between, a few major events. Hmmm, maybe I should just quit and join some event management company. Might add some different excitement and difference to my life.

To any 2006 1M-ers who might have found this blog, a warm 'HI' to you! Hope we'll have a good year ahead.

OK, yawning continuously and eyes are a little hard to keep open. Will stop here for now. bb.

No comments: