Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Just finished watching 6 consecutive episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura on Animax. Firstly, I love it that Animax shows there marathons. I hate it when I have to wait one week to watch another 25min episode of a cartoon. It's really our fast-food mentality. We have to have it and we have to have it now. So yah, it's great to have these mini-marathons. Problem is, I dunno when I'll get to watch the other episodes. Might end up buying the DVDs...

Secondly, I must say that Cardcaptor is really quite interesting. I remember laughing at some boarders a couple of years ago when they told me how hooked on to Cardcaptor they were. After these 6 episodes, I can see how addictive the series is. Every episode's premise is pretty straightforward, Sakura goes about her daily life, something strange happens, she changes into pretty costume (heh heh) and then captures the 'card' whose spirit she has let loose. Complicated eh? It's like pokemon. Go new place, meet new trainer, Team Rocket try to interfere, they lose, Ash fights trainer, Ash (usually) wins. Anyway, back to CardCaptor. Now, I'm torn. Should I go buy the whole series? Hmmm....

No comments: