Friday, September 22, 2006

Tokyo Day 2

Spent the day revisiting some of my favourite places. Started off with a visit to Ginza where the Sony Building is. On my way to the Sony Building, I walked past the Nissan HQ which had a very nice concept car being displayed. It's only a three seater, and I doubt I can fit... heh heh. Personally, I think driving a car has been made so much more complicated than it actually is. Someone ought to start a revolution and simplify the way we drive. As usual, old systems are hard to change, regardless of how inefficient they are... like the QWERTY keyboard... but that's another story.














Next stop was the Sony Building where I got finally set my eyes on a real-life PS3. Personally, I don't think it's really that big as many of the websites/magazines say it is. Looks prerty cool. But I must say that I don't really like the spiderman font they used for the 'PLAYSTATION 3' logo. Wish they had stuck to something more Playstationey.
















The showroom had other cool stuff like the VAIO computers which are probably only released in Japan. Also watched a Blu-ray demo in their high def viewing room.

After Ginza. went to Shibuya and Shinjuku. Actually, I went to Shibuya coz they had a shop there selling big clothes. But as I was walking around, discovered two other favourite shops, Tokyu Hands and Mandarake. Tokyu Hands is a great place for Hobbyists and DIY enthusiasts. If I remember correctly, they tried opening one in Singapore many years ago, but it kinda died. Mandarake is like a huge manga/collectibles shop. This is only a branch so the selection is not bad but not as good as the original shop which I visited a couple of years back.




















Spent the rest of the day hopping from shop to shop in Shinjuku. The usual Tsutaya shop, Bic Camera, Sakura electronics, Kinokuniya... decided I didn't have time to visit Akhihabara and Ikebukuro. Will probably do them on Sunday or Monday.. As for tomorrow... it's Tokyo Game Show time!

Before I go.. here's a pic of the yummy dinner I had. Tempura prawn & veggies with rice and soba noodles.

No comments: