Friday, September 01, 2006

RIPB Farewell

Last Saturday, the prefects organized a farewell party for me. It was really memorable and I really must thank all the organizing committee and the prefects for a wonderful time.

Started off with the emcees ushering me into the empty & dark LT. Then, the lights were suddenly turned on and I was 'assaulted' by the prefects who ran down the isles and 'poked' little stickers all over me! Hmm.. have no idea what the significance was, but must say it was a surprising start. Looking up, I saw some former prefects from the class of 2005 and 2004. It was really heartening to see that they had turned up. Thanks for taking the trouble to be there! The LT was also decorated with pictures of the prefects and events which the board had undertaken over the last 3.5 years. Great decorations!




After that, we had some party games. Quite fun actually. I really enjoyed the silliness and the fun that we have laughing at and with each other. I think being in the board is a tough job. We really need moments like this to relac and destress. Thanks to those who were involved in the planning of the games. Silly but effective and enjoyable.



Then we had birthday celebrations for July & August babies. They played this 'game' where the birthday boys had to guess a number between 0 and 1000. Everytime they guessed a wrong number, they could add an ingredient to a slice of cake. This went on till the last guy who guessed the correct number. He would have to eat the cake+crap on it. First twist, at the end, they wanted all birthday boys to eat it. Second twist, they wanted me to have the last bite. Heh.. aiya, pretty expected lar. But it wasn't that bad really. The curry powder (thankfully not too spicy) and sesame seed oil pretty much covered up the taste of everything else. Must say the lumpy cheese added an interesting texture to the whole concoction.

After the cake was the video. It was really excellent. I think the video is gonna be something I'll remember for a long time. Guess some scenes which stick in my mind are: the many handphones (which I apparently change everyday... ) and zongyi going 'BOOOYYSSS!!" into the camera... lolz. Really funny, but really memorable.

I'll admit that the next part of the programme was a little awkward coz they opened the mic to those who wanted to say anything to me. As the prefects shared, it really brought back memories of the times I had worked with them. I can't help but realize the HUGE stacks of proposals I must have thrown back at the prefects for them to rethink and rework. Of course, with some of those memories came some regrets. Sometimes, I know I'd been too harsh and there were also prefects I had not had the chance to work closely with. I'm really grateful to so many of you who took the mic to say something. It was a real encouragement to me.

Next, there was the handover of the baton to Mr Teo who would be taking over the care of the board. It's funny how the baton has become this symbol. When we did the ultramarathon, the board wanted to challenge ourselves and push ourselves beyond our perceived limits. I think in the end, this baton does represent much of the spirit which the board should possess.

Finally came the gift. Wow. It was really a thoughtful gift. First was the DIY shelf with the letters R-I-P-B in front. Then there was the book of compiled well-wishes. There was also the CD-Rom with the video and a mock-up of a mosaic poster which they had done. The last thing was also one of the most significant, a 4-level name card holder with the names and responsibilities of all th prefects which I have worked with in the 3.5 years that I have been prefect master. As I looked through the names at home, it reminded me of all the prefects I had worked with. Thanks. Can't say that enough.



And finally, we had food, and the prefects also put the huge styrofoam crest we had used for almost 3 Prefect Investitures. Hard to believe it's really been so long.



I've said it many times in this post, and I'll say it again, Thanks to everyone for a really great farewell party. I have enjoyed my time as prefect master. This is due very much to all the prefects I had the opportunity to work with. Thank you and good luck!

(More pics can be found in my album.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Download Inxs Mp3 (19)
Download Whip Mp3 (2) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist389750/tony-esposito/1/]Download Tony Esposito Mp3[/url] (6) Download Andromeda Mp3 (9) Download Candycore Mp3 (1) http://danceplatform.net/artist358992/racine/1/ - Download Racine Mp3 (1) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist129518/noa/1/]Download Noa Mp3[/url] (10) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist498999/ray-mang/1/]Download Ray Mang Mp3[/url] (2) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist517941/fresh-fox/1/]Download Fresh Fox Mp3[/url] (1) Download Dj Ross Mp3 (1) http://danceplatform.net/artist300836/sanjiva/1/ - Download Sanjiva Mp3 (8) Download Savage Mp3 (9) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist125787/de-phazz/1/]Download De Phazz Mp3[/url] (12) [url=http://danceplatform.net/artist137183/carpark-north/1/]Download Carpark North Mp3[/url] (2) Download Djavan Mp3 (18) Download Sly and Robbie and Yellowman Mp3 (8)