Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Thank God for mentors

One thing I've come to realize is the importance of mentors in our lives. I think all of us, at one point or another, need to have mentors whom we can turn to who can share their experience and guide us in considering the options we face.

I met up with my former boss (when I was working in the travel industry) for lunch. It was a very pleasant time. We chatted, discussed my life after resigning, she shared about her goals in her work life, basically, just talked about life. It's great to chat with someone knowing that she is listening to you and helping you to sort out things that are important to you.

It's hard finding mentors. I think it's all about being able to find someone whom you can click with and of course, the person is also willing to click with you. So far in my life, I can probably only think of no more than 5 people whom i can call my mentors. I still keep in touch with 2 of them. As for the others, they were mentors to me at different points in my life. Really appreciate them.

As I reach this crossroad in my life, Thank God for mentors!

No comments: