Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Back home!

Arrived back in Singapore at 1am. Always nice to be home. This time round, while I'm looking forward again to Laksa and Chicken rice, I will most definitely miss the cold ramen and soba....

(update)
My last day in Tokyo was actually not very nice... largely due to the fact that it rained. I had intended to do some last minute shopping at Akhihabara (which was only about 10mins away by train) but the train kinda spoilt the mood. I still went lar. But you know, it's just kinda dreary to shop in the rain. Didn't buy anything much, a few UMD covers, that's about it.

Rushed back to the hotel to collect my luggage coz I was delayed by the rain. Then I realized I was about 5 mins late for the Keisei Skyliner! Kinda like a direct train to the airport. Sucks! But luckily, there was another train, the Limited Express which also went to the airport but took about 10-15mins later. What the heck. Rather than wait at the station, I might as well sit in the train.

Clearance at the airport was quite smooth. I was however, a little irritated with myself. I had controlled myself from buying many things coz I was worried my luggage would be overweight... When I weighed it at the counter, it was only 19kg!!! Not only was it underweight, I could have probably bought another 5 kg of stuff without being charged for anything. Argh! So many things I wanted to buy lar! Nevermind, what to do? When I go US... heh.. I am so gonna buy stuff! (like maybe PS3?)

Flight back was ok. Caught some movies: Nacho Libre & Fight Club. First one was kinda crappy but second one was pretty good. Disturbing, but good. It's an old movie, but I'd never watched it. On the whole, I thought the movie selection on Northwest was not bad.

So anywaez, back in Singapore. Supposed to be preparing to go Indonesia next week to do some stuff, then I'll be off for my US trip. So looking forward to that....

No comments: