Thursday, September 21, 2006

Checked in for my flight at 4am this morning. I must say that the security is even tighter after the recent London terrorist scare. For the Northwest flight, other than the usual search at the check-in counter, they had another thorough check just outside the boarding gate. We had to line up and let the airport security comb through our carry-on bags. And, all electronic devices had to be turned on for a 'function' test. To make sure that it does what it's supposed to do. I tell you.. I felt a little malu lar. I had my laptop, my handphone (which most people have), my Nintendo DS, my digital camera and my portable media player. Luckily I kept my PSP in my check-in luggage. So most people just carried their laptop (which we hbad to start up) and maybe a handphone/PDA while I was struggling not to drop any of my electronic devices.

Well, check-in, though long, was smooth and we departed from Singapore on time at about 6am. I pretty much slept all the way to tokyo. One of the reasons why I like Northwest flights. You stay up the night before, then sleep on the plane all the way to tokyo.

Tokyo immigration took almost an hour. They had like 10 counters and hundred of people queuing up for their turn. Surprisingly, met some old church friends. Haven't seen them in a few years and it was a real coincidence that we were on the same flight, visiting the same place! Finally, got on the Keisei Limited Express train to JR Ueno where my hotel was located.

This time, I picked a small place called 'Oak Hotel' about 8 mins walk from Ueno station. One main reason is they were one of the cheaper places which offered free internet access in the room... so that I can access the net at night..blog... play wow... heh.

Here's a pic of the tiny room. Not bad actually for less than 6000yen. Better than the place I stayed in last year. Even have a tiny 17inch LCD tv (at the bottom left corner of the pic). Well, it's gonna be home sweet home for the next 5 days.

No comments: