Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another Gundam Model

OK, I think fate has kinda arranged for me to get a little more hooked on Gundam Model Kits. Plaza Singapura was having an atrium sale and they had some HG kits. Bought this one for only $25. Decided to try something a little bigger coz this is 1/100 scale while the previous one is 1/144.

This time round, I decide to try something a little more adventurous. heh. I decided to use the Gundam marker I bought form Tokyo to try to do some of the lines on the model. I know some of you experienced model makers must be sniggering at my total noobness with model kits. I'll admit that I have never been good at assembling these things and I have never ever painted/marked even one. I had to do some googling to find out a little more of how to use those marker things. It took some effort to overcome the mental barrier of placing the marker on the shiny new parts. Believe me, it wasn't easy. I was so scared I would destroy the part!

Well, in the end, I think the outcome is quite satisfactory... especially for a model noob like me. I really like how the marker can be easily erased with a normal eraser. Makes mistakes pain-free. Below are two before and after pics. I'm quite proud of myself actually.

Next challenge? Maybe I should think of doing some painting. The stickers make the model look real cheesy. But my painting skills are even worse than my lining skills.... lolz. Let's see how things go.

Before...
After...

No comments: