Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Gaia Gundam Model Kit

For some strange reason, I've been itching to assemble a Gundam model kit the last two months. I think it might be related to the lack of Star Wars Lego available at the moment. I've been putting it off, but this time when I went to Tokyo, I really couldn't resist getting one as I thought the prices were pretty reasonable.

From what my brother explained to me, there were different levels of model kits for Gundam kits.. from FG (First Grade) all the way to PG (Perfect Grade). Yeah, I'm kinda noob at model kits. I remember nightmares when I was a kid trying to put together those airplane and jetfighter models. Those kits often turned out to be disasters. But I digress... Anyway, after considering my noob level, I decided to go for a HG grade, just one grade above kiddy grade I think. After sifting through the mountains of kits available, I settled on the GAIA GUNDAM, not because I knew it's background, but because I thought it looked kinda cool. lolz.

Well, I took out the kit and decided to start on it. I was impressed with how well the pieces were molded (Shows you how long it's been since I've even tried a Gundam kit). But I also realised how small some of the pieces were. It took an amazing amount of finger acrobatics (considering how fat my fingers are) to put some of the pieces together and paste on the tiny stickers as well! Here's a pic of the super small head of the Gundam on my palm. I had to paste the stickers where the eyes are.... It was no mean feat...


Well, it took my about 2 hours to put the whole thing together. I must admit it was quite enjoyable. I've decided not to try any painting or marking coz I'm really scared I'll destroy what I've done. The good thing is, the Gaia Gundam is kinda dark... so the pen markings probably won't make too much of a difference. heh. I think the whole model is pretty cool and I like how pose-able it is. I bought a model stand so that the Gundam can be posed in nicer positions. SO here are a few pics I took.
Front view...
Close-up Front View...
Buttock view...

My hands are kinda itching to try either painting it or buying the next higher grade (I think it's Master Grade) to give it a try. Here's hoping for some Gundam Model Kit sale soon!

No comments: