Saturday, March 22, 2008

Evangelion:1.0 - Review

Since my return from Tokyo, I've been trying to find time to go watch Evangelion:1.0. Finally made time on Thursday night to catch it at The Cathay.

It's a definite must-see for fans of the original anime. I like the added scenes which help to give a sense of awe and scale to the launching of the Eva units. There were nice little touches and plenty of hydraulic-type noises! heh. I'm so easily sold.

Story-wise, I can see they've made an attempt to tie everything much closer. There is a little bit more back story so that we can understand better where the Eva units came from. Of course I think the ultimate test is how they actually end the movies series this time round. They've decided to make it into a 4-movie series. Part 2 is supposed to be out this year as well.. shiok! I can't wait.

For people new to the series, be prepared for a cliffhanger ending. If you can't take it, then you better wait for all 4 movies to be released before watching the series.

Minor irritation... happened to have some former students sitting behind me at the cinema... a couple of them were making irritating comments through the whole movie... sigh. Spoilt some of the nicer scenes. If you are reading this... shaddup next time. heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoo!!! Evangelion! I think that Rei Ayanami is HOT!