Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tokyo Banana... Little Bites of Heaven!!

Ever since I discovered them in Tokyo, TOKYO BANANA has been a must-buy every single time I'm in Tokyo. So far, everyone I've introduced them to has unanimously agreed that they are one of the best cakes they've tasted in Tokyo. They don't come cheap. About 8 pieces for 13 dollars, which makes each piece about $1.60. But if you like bananas, believe me when I say it's worth every cent. heh.
Here's how it looks stripped of it's wrapper. It's got this lovely soft sponge layer surrounding a creamy banana filling that's not too sweet.
Here's a closeup of the Tokyo Banana with it's filling.

There are other snacks by Tokyo Banana, including wafers and a kueh-lapis type cake. They all taste nice, but in my opinion, nothing beats the original Tokyo Banana!!

Imitations have sprouted all over Tokyo. I've noticed at least two other COUNTERFEITS which taste nowhere as good as the original. There's also been a Tokyo Mango which is actually not under the same company. I bought a box to try coz I love mangoes, but I was totally disappointed.

Tokyo Banana.... just typing this blog entry is causing me to drool.... Don't miss it if you ever visit Tokyo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hihi, do you know where to find the shop? stumbled onto their japanese website but cant understand... pls pls help!