Saturday, October 28, 2006

Nothing much to blog about this week except the usual movies... tv... slacking...

I admit, it's getting a little boring.

I went to watch AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH. I don't really know what to make of this movie. I'm not really an environmentalist but the movie does bring out some very compelling points. Basically, the movie is like a filming of one of Al Gore's talks/seminars. He has been going around giving this talk ever since he lost the presidential elections. According to the movie, he says that this has always been one of his concerns ever since before he entered politics. Well, I dunno if it's a coincidence that this movie is coming out just as the US presidential race is starting up once again. I wonder if he is running again. If he is then this movie would give him pretty good publicity. The thing is: If everything in the movie is true, then it's kinda hard to understand why the governments around the world aren't taking a more serious/active stand to combat it. Of course, in the movie, he blames the weak political wills of governments due to the demands of the huge corporations. If you're in the mood for this kind of talk/documentary movie, then give it a shot, it's quite interesting.

I've also finished watching the TV series COMMANDER IN CHIEF. This is an excellent show! Geena Davis is great as the first women American President and the stories are really interesting. The issues they discuss are quite real. I wonder, will Singapore ever accept a female Prime Minister?

Today, I dropped by the X06 event. I was sorely disappointed. It was supposed to be some showcase of the xbox360 & Singapore is like the first stop in Asia. All I can say is... YAWN. It was quite boring and it wasn't very different from any demo booth at the computer fairs every holiday. Singapore really has far to go when it comes to these gaming exhibitions. There's supposed to be a big games convention in September next year. Hope it's infinitely better than this X06. Even the design of the domes was actually quite boring.. From afar, it jsut looks like two boobs...

I've finally confirmed my travel plans. Will be off to the US next week. Quite excited coz of a few reasons:
1. I'm doing a cross country (New York to San Francisco) again. It's been more than 10 yrs since the last time I tried this. This time, I hope to visit more of the southern states in the US.
2. I'll probably be going for a Star Trek 40th anniversary convention. Yep. I'm a trekkie at heart.
3. I'm actually gonna do a Rome stopover before going to New York! This is a first time for me. I've never EVER been to any part of Europe/London. The ticket deal was not bad and allowed me to do a Rome stopover, so I thought 'Why Not?'
4. I'm travelling by KLM. This is the first time I'm flying by KLM. Hope it's not too crappy.

After this trip, I'll really have to settle down and get a job.

No comments: