Saturday, October 21, 2006

Vivocity

Like the rest of Singapore, I had to go visit Vivocity as well. Actually, I went there two weeks ago but I was too lazy to transfer the pics from my phone to the computer to blog about it.. until now. heh.

Going to Vivocity is really very convenient for me. Just need to take a feeder bus to the Serangoon MRT and from there, it's barely 30mins via a comfy train ride. Vivocity is really pretty huge, as everyone who has been there would say. But again, like what everyone says, it is basically one of Singapore's many cookie cutter malls. Yeah, they try to bring in special 'brand names', but when you look around, it's pretty much more of the same. Wonder how many more of such similar malls can they build.

The interior is quite nice. But what I really liked was the nice rooftop garden. Although somewhat spoilt by the haze, the scene was still pretty nice. I'm sure Vivocity will make use of this rooftop by holding events here to draw in the crowds.

Of course, I was there to try out the new GV Vivocity. The cinema was not bad, I watched World Trade Centre there. Fairly spacious seats. But the supposed huge screen didn't seem so huge... I thought it wasn't that much different from GV Grand's cinema 6. What I HATED, and I've said this before, is the totally disgusting exit after the movie. This was definitely one of the worst. Not only was it dusty and devoid of any signages, it was a nightmare trying to find my way back to the mall! I ended up going around in circles (with a small crowd of the other cinema-goers) and cutting across a car park just to get back into the mall. Total put-off.

Went to Toys R Us, which they advertised as one of the largest in South East Asia... like real lor. Although the selection was decent, it didn't really feel all that big. What caught my eye was the super SCARY geoffrey the giraffe (the mascot) at the entrance. Now tell me, dun u think it's pretty ghastly? Almost like it's been crucified.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a cool place!