Wednesday, November 01, 2006

In Rome, finally

Blogging from my hotel room in Rome right now. It's 12.15pm in the afternoon and I've just reached the hotel from the airport. Phew, it's been a long trip so far.

The plane from Singapore to Amsterdam took about 12 hours. After a stopover of about 2 hours, I boarded another plane from my 2-hour trip to Rome. Then it was a 30min train ride from the airport to Stazione Termini (the main train station) before finding my way to the hotel which took another 30mins coz I kinda got lost. That makes it 17 hours of travelling. Really feel like simply slacking in my hotel for the rest of the day. lolz.

The plane ride was not too bad actually. Yeah, KLM doesn't have personal entertainment systems like SQ and some Northwest flights, they only have these small TV screens located here and there. There wasn't even the big screens in the main cabin. But like I'd said, I wasn't really bothered with it. Spent some time playing on my DS lite, then watched 2 movies on the small screen (Devil wears Prada and Over the Hedge) and caught some snoozes in between them all. Flight was not packed, but unfortunately my row was full, so no empty seat next to me.

Food was ok. They served a snack (ice cream or nissin cup noodles) sometime in the middle of the flight. That was kinda gross coz the water in the cup noodles was already luke warm. They had prepared it a few minutes earlier, so the soup was kinda bleargh.

But on the whole, I thought it was quite ok, it wasn't the nightmare which I had read on some web reviews.

The hotel is very nice. For the same price (but a slightly off location) I've chosen a hotel which is really comfy and the internet is free! Was kinda worried that I would get a crappy room. heh. Shiok. At least I can surf and maybe catch up on some WoW at night. Will post some pics later.

I'll be spending the next couple of days in Rome before flying to New York.

OK, I'm starting to feel somewhat hungry. Think it's time to go out to look see look see & find food.

No comments: