Thursday, November 16, 2006

Today was just rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. Quite sianz. Thankfully, I felt much better so I took the subway to Five Points (the town centre) and managed to visit two places despite the horrible weather.

First was the pretty cool World of Coca-Cola. Heh, to be honest, I didn't even know that Coke originated in Atlanta! They had some displays on the history of Coke but what I especially liked was the video on the history of Coke advertisements. It was really nostalgic to see some of the old coke adverts like the 'I like to teach the world to sing' one. They also had this huge Coke Polar Bear which I HAD to take a pic with. There was also this room where we could taste over 20 drinks from all over the world that was bottled by Coca-Cola, like Mandarin-flavoured Fanta, some watermelon soda, and some other Costa Rica soft drink.

After World of Coca-Cola, I decided to visit what was billed as the world's largest aquarium, the Georgia Aquarium, which was only opened a year ago. No shot of the aquarium from the outside coz it was raining too heavily for me take out my camera. Anyway, not a bad aquarium. It might be the largest, but I don't think it was the most interesting. But I do have something for aquariums with beautiful jellyfish displays.... so, this one passes! Had a very nice display of seahorses and garden eels as well. First time I've seen them in an aquarium.

No comments: