Thursday, November 02, 2006

Some pics of my arrival day

It's day 2, but I'm kinda lazing in my room before setting off. Yeah, the room's nice. Glad I chose it over the others which were more centrally located. This place is a little further from city centre (like 2 subway stops) but for the same price as a city centre hotel, I get a much nicer room with a good breakfast included.








Food. Now this is one area I'm a little concerned with. Firstly, it's the variety. As I looked around yesterday, it seems that almost everything is just pizza, pasta & bread. No other varieties. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food, so while I may like pizza, I don't fancy myself eating pizza every meal, every day. Same goes for sandwiches. The other big thing.. food is EXPENSIVE. If you use the Macdonald's price index, a Value meal here costs 5.50 euros which is S$11!!! And that's the price of regular set meals. That's even more expensve then Japan!



This is my 'yummy' lunch yesterday. A quarter slice of a pizza, 7-up and some potato crochettes. 5.50 euros.





And this is Stazione Termini, pretty much the main train station in Rome. I expect to be seeing this place very often the next few days coz most things start from here. It's a huge train station (maybe not as big as the underground labyrinths of some Tokyo stations) but one thing I hate about it is the graffiti. You see it everywhere. On the right is a pic of the Leonardo express, the direct train from the airport to Stazione Termini which cost 11 euros and takes about 30mins.










I took a quick city tour on an open top bus yesterday. First impressions... Rome is a beautiful & ancient city. The monuments and buildings are really like pages from a history book. OK, guess I should be off on my first real day of exploring Rome. A bit apprehensive coz my stupid big toe is still giving me probs. Sigh.

No comments: