Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thankfully, my second day in Atlanta was much less rainy. Managed to visit two places: Martin Luther King Memorial Park and the CNN centre in Atlanta.

Turns out Atlanta was MLK's birthplace. Heh, Shows how little I know about Atlanta. Visited the Ebenezer Baptist Church where he was the pastor and also saw his house. There was a display/exhibition on MLK at the park centre. MLK's tomb was also located in the park but unfortunately it was being renovated so I couldn't see it. Quite an informative and interesting experience.



The second place I visited was the CNN centre in Atlanta. They had a studio tour which was pretty interesting. Found out CNN Atlanta is the main HQ of all the CNNs around the world. Heh... I didn't know. In the pic, you see the main atrium of the CNN centre. It used to be a indoor amusement park and the long escalator (supposedly the world's longest free standing escalator) was used to bring people up to the rides.


I've left Atlanta and right now, I'm in New Orleans. Just arrived a couple of hours ago. Have two days here before leaving for Houston. And, oh yeah.. PS3 launched in US today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some time within these last 1.5 weeks in the US, I might be able to get my hands on one....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR SHARING...GOD BLESS YOU! JESUS SAVES!

Derpina Leong said...

halo!

enjoy your stay in US and thanks for the photos!