Monday, January 31, 2005

Wow... almost a week since I last posted. Not that I didn't want to post, but it's really been quite busy leading up to the Investiture.

Last week was pretty much taken up with doing up the backdrop with the prefects. We estimated that it took almost 175 man-hours to do the backdrop. That's calculated by taking the number of people working on the backdrop and multiplying it by the number of hours we took. Some people wonder why spend so much time on something that is used for less than an hour! I dunno. Personally, it's just the sense of satisfaction I get. I think the backdrop added a big element to setting the overall atmosphere of the whole event. On top of that, I'm sure the prefects who spent the time doing the backdrop also got to enjoy working together. Was the end result worth it? I certainly think so!

Last Saturday was the rehearsal. Before that, I found this irresistable offer for a Tapwave Zodiac. Rushed down to Funan Centre to get it before returning for the rehearsal. You can see the Tapwave in the next post. Anywaez, rehearsal was long... tiring... and then we spent almost 6 hours completing and putting up the backdrop!

Sunday was block orientation. I kinda felt bad that I wasn't more involved in the planning this year. But with PI the very next day, I really didn't have much energy to think of much else. The Block Council put up a pretty interesting programme with a video intro + ending somemore! It was very funny. The Block Dance was also quite cool. It was really weird with all kinds of unorthodox steps (including some from FRIENDS!!!) but it all came together very well.

Which brings us to today. It was really quite fun. From the intro to the dance, it all turned out quite well I think. To the prefects, thanks for putting in all the time to practice and make sure everything came together so well. I've heard of prefects who were really practicing the dance steps very very very very hard so that they won't let the board down. I think it all paid off in the end. Hope everyone enjoyed the post-PI party. I know swimming is not everyone's cup of tea. Hope everyone (swimmer or non-swimmer) enjoyed themselves anywaez.

Now, it's back to concentrating on some school stuff (and playing a bit of Pirates!).

See my next post for my beautiful Tapwave...

No comments: