Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Good bye dear phone...

Today is a sad day. Today, I have lost a dear friend. A friend who has been by my side (especially my ear) for more than a year. My dear friend called Nokia 6800.

Funny thing is, I don't even know how I lost it. Was it stolen? Did I drop it? Sigh.. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

Well, this seems like an excellent opportunity to write another gut-wrenching poem.... in memory of my phone...

-----------------------------------------

RING RING my phone rang
With every ring, my heart skipped for joy.
BEEP BEEP my phone sang
I was glad for I knew there was something there to read.

But now, there is silence.

RING RING my phone rang
Is it my family? My collegues? My friend?
Beep beep my phone sang
What message or news await my eager eyes?

But now, there is nothing.

The silence is deafening.
Where there were rings, there was now silence.
Where there were beeps, there was now silence.

My phone is gone.
Gone where? I know not.
Good bye my phone.
I hope you won't rot.

With love
Go to the phone heaven above.

Good bye trusty friend.
Until we meet again.

-----------------------------------------
*sniff*....








No comments: