Friday, January 21, 2005

Good guys dun always win

I am SERIOUSLY irritated.

After thinking long and hard, I decided to buy a new PC game. I don't buy many PC games cause they can get extremely addictive.

Anywaez, I bought the new Sid Meier's Pirates cause I thought I'd try something different then the usual RTS-type stuff. The reviews were also pretty good.

After happily unpacking the disc, going through the whole installation process... imagine my horror when I tried to start the game and a stupid message like 'Please insert ORIGINAL disc...visit (some stupid securom site) for more details.' appeared on my screen.

It's totally irritating. After almost an hour of searching for answers, I found out that there's this stupid copy protection software by 'securom' in the CD. Unfortunately, some DVD drives have problems reading this copy protection thing. Hence... it thinks my disc is a fake! Ironically, if I had bought a pirated game.. I might not have had this problem. SIGH. Now, I have to wait for the techinical support to get back to me... and hopefully, the problem will be solved.

Can't believe this. So much for supporting copyrights....

No comments: