Sunday, January 16, 2005

An Ode...

I've been looking at some blogs, and it seems that there are quite a few poets going around...

Lest I be branded shallow, I've decided to post a poem of mine own.

Enjoy.

------------------------------------
Dark.
The night is.
Sleepy I am now.
Why can't I sleep?
Is it because of you, my computer?
Or you my TV?
Or you my magazines?

Damn you!
'Damn' again I say.
Your images seduce me.
They move and attract me.
I am unable to sleep.

Why don't I sleep?
Do I not need to wake up
in the morn for school?
Do I not need to teach
those who try to act cool?

Yes I must!
Yes I shall!
Sleep come quickly.
I shall sleep now.
Amen.

------------------------------------

Hope the poem moved you.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do NOT try to ACT COOL!!!!!!!

Zeke said...

Dun be sensitive... just trying to find a work to rhyme with school....