Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What's up doc?

Life's been getting a little more exciting recently.

Some of you have been asking what I'm doing and if I've gotten a job. Well, the simple answer to that is I'm still looking for a full-time job but am keeping myself busy with some part time stuff.

I'm currently working freelance on some projects. Mainly concerned with drafting proposals and planning programmes for overseas trips. I've also got a big event coming up to promote a city in Japan. So that's starting to take up a big chunk of my time as the date approaches. Will post more info about it here nearer the date.

I've also started attending a course on becoming a Trainer. It's something that I've wanted to explore and this was as good a time as any to go on a course. It's really different to be in the student's chair again. Quite scary actually. As a teacher, it's so easy to get into the 'judge's chair' coz I am constantly assessing students. To be back as a student is quite a humbling experience. I have this master trainer who basically takes me through basic skills and then makes me conduct a mock-workshop. He then debriefs me and highlights the areas of concern. It's scary (and sometimes demoralizing) to see the long lists of things to work on. But I realize that over time, I've picked up some pretty bad habits and have also not really developed myself. Hence, I've been kinda stagnant. This course is pretty good in helping me to move on to the next level (hopefully!).

Of course, I'm still caught up with my pursuit of slacking. Lolz. Not many movies recently coz (1) nothing much I really want to watch and (2) I'm still waiting for my movie pass to arrive! WoW has still been taking up some time. It's really more interesting when you get to play with a similar group of people regularly. You learn how to do your job better and you also get better with working with others. Seriously, there are some very interesting lessons you can learn from WoW. It's quite interesting to see how different people lead different groups and you also have people who are encouraging, people who are critical and of course, as with all groups, people who are complete arses. heh.

Oh yah, last Saturday, I went for a Taiko concert at Yio Chu Kang Community Club. Was invited by one of the performers. It was a pretty enjoyable concert. Can't believe they even have a taiko troupe in YCK CC. But the more interesting thing is (1) I realized this was the first time I've stepped into a CC since.... my JC time??? OMG. And (2) I discovered that there are some pretty decent chicken rice stalls opposite YCK CC which serve generous portions of chicken rice...all for $2!!!

No comments: