Saturday, March 10, 2007

Playstation 3

I dunno what possessed me.

I wasn't really gonna buy the PS3 so soon.

But somehow, the temptation was just too great. Going into the store and seeing the pile of PS3s just pushed all the right buttons. On top of that, I had just read the latest news about the new Playstation HOME which is like a virtual world where you can interact with others and play games, somewhat like Second Life. I thought it was an excellent implementation, more interesting then xbox live.

So, here I am, with my brand new PS3.

The funny thing is, for the first time, I bought a new console without buying any games! haha.. it's kinda sad, but looking at all the current PS3 games, I just couldn't find anything which stirred my interest. So why did I decide to buy it? Well, I could connect easily to the Internet and download games and demos online! It really was pretty easy. I logged in, created my accounts (one for Singapore and one for the US) and started downloading free demos (like Gran Turismo HD) and games (like FLOW which cost US$7.99, quite reasonable, imho).

Web-surfing is not too difficult coz I could easily connect my USB keyboard to type in the addresses. And the display is pretty good on my 32 inch LCD TV.

I don't think I'm gonna get any games soon. Maybe i'll order some Blu-ray movies from Amazon coz they are having a 50% sale!

Well, I dunno why I bought it... but I'm pretty glad I did. :)

Here's my PS3 straight out of the box.














This is how it looks right on top of my old hifi (which I've not connected to the PS3 yet, dun have the optical cable).













And this is how my newly arranged entertainment centre in my room looks!




No comments: