Wednesday, January 10, 2007

How I'm passing time

A quick update on my life. It's 10 Jan and yes, I'm still jobless. Sniff. Sounds pathetic. I've sent out a few job applications and the difficult part is waiting for the replies. It doesn't help that all these companies don't tell you if you have not been shortlisted. They always have this 'Only shortlisted candidates will be notified' clause in their advert. It's really quite irritating. (1) You don't know if they are still considering you or not and (2) you don't even know if they've received your application (esp when I prefer using email then snail mail).

So what am I doing in the meantime?

1. watching movies. many movies. (hence the many movie reviews on my blog)
2. building lego (i'm addicted to lego star wars. very expensive hobby.)
3. gaming (mostly on my DS-Castlevania, Portrait of Ruin and Gamecube-Zelda)
4. catching up on some reading. (I've finished re-reading the last 2 Harry Potter books.)
5. mall-visiting (this is kinda like a natural by-product of watching movies. What to do, cinemas are in malls what...)
6. jigsaws. (just completed a 1000-piece puzzle of Howl's Moving Castle. Quite impressed with myself coz it had plenty of single colour pieces to sort through)
7. blogging/surfing

Yeah, I know to some of you, this sounds like life. It's fun for a while but it also gets boring. Having no income is even worse, especially with the Wii and PS3 launching very soon.

So that's it what I've been up to. Hoping to get a job by the end of the month...

No comments: