Monday, August 29, 2005

Sad day

I am sad.

I went supermarketing today. Thought I would give myself a treat so I bought a nice big bottle of ribena to bring to school so that I can have yummy blackcurrant goodness for my tea break.

Well, I got home and decided that the yummy blackcurrant goodness could not wait. So I opened the bottle and made myself a nice cold cup of refreshing ribena. I placed the bottle in front of the microwave oven.

I'm sure you can guess what happened next.

Later at night, I decided to cook some rice for dinner. I took my microwave rice cooker, put in some rice, washed it, drained it, put in some water then sealed the rice cooker. Then I put the rice cooker into the microwave oven. Forgetting that my bottle of ribena was in front of it.

Sigh.

It was a pretty sight. Thick gooey purple liquid all over the floor. The splatter pattern reminded me of many CSI episodes. Glass shards everywhere.

Well, had to spend the next 30 to 45 mins clearing up the mess. That was exciting. very.

Sigh.

I am sad. No more ribena.

No comments: